Tuesday, July 24, 2007

An Anakin Skywalker Moment

Ever had one of those moments where you did something and then looked back and thought to yourself "What have I done???", i.e. Anakin cutting off Mace's hand, thus allowing the Emperor to use Force lightning to kill Mace. I had one of those times this morning. It's not the first one I've had, but it seems worse this time. Probably because it's out there for a LOT of people to see.

There's this drama going on right now surrounding Scouts here. I've been a little irritated with them for a couple of years now and I guess since it made the paper on Saturday I decided I should polish my letter and shoot it off. Well some of the things in the letter were meant only for the eyes of the executives over at the council office. Yesterday I was reading through some of the comments left for the article on Saturday and thought "I should post something here too." Rather than editing the letter I just copied and pasted it in, hit submit...and then I came back to the other screen. I tried again and same result. I figured my comment wasn't stored or Travelers has some weird firewall where I can't leave comments. Went on about my night and watched 5th Grader and Hell's Kitchen. This morning I pull up the comments to see who posted last night and lo and behold, there's mine - complete with secret stuff that isn't supposed to be talked about. Enter into my head the "OMG!!! What have I done????" I just ran to the bathroom because I felt like I was going to throw up, not to mention I was sweating like a contestant on Hell's Kitchen.

There's 70,000 people in this organization that I feel I let down. I reported my post as a violation and asked that it be removed but since I didn't use any profanity or attack someone personally I'm worried they won't take it down. I wish there was something else I could do other than sit and wait. I wish I could hack in to that webpage and remove it.

Guilt sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home