Saturday, August 4, 2007

The Soundtrack of Your Life

So as Shayna knows well, they don't have muzak anywhere in my building but in the bathroom and stairwell. A few weeks ago I was making...stuff, and Crazy Little Thing Called Love came on. I, no pun intended, sh@# you not, the guy's foot started tapping along. Creepy? Just a little.

Yesterday I heard Cupid in the morning. Talk about your earworms. I was singing it the rest of the day despite having my iPod plugged in my ears. And now I'm singing it again. Cupid, draw back your booow, and let your arrow go - straight to my lover's heart (straight to my lover's heart). Thanks Spinners. So the point of this yesterday afternoon it was like my 8th grade mixer all over again. Debbie Gibson, Richard Marx concluded with Milli Vanilli. It was only in my dreams on those endless summer nights when I could blame it on on the rain. Admittedly, it is extremely difficult to not start belting out the lyrics while you're sitting on the porcelain throne.

One more thing, explain to me why it's ok for ladies to wear denim skirts when it's not jeans day. I've seen more than one girl do this at work and it's annoying to me, as I can't wear any form of denim any day other than Friday. And yesterday another girl was wearing shorts. I only gripe about it here, I'm not the type to go to their bosses and complain. Mama raised me to only worry about John - translated, it's none of my beeswax.

I'm downloading the 8.1.07 show from Mansfield. After I have a listen I'll let you know what I think of this year's prospects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home