Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The One Where Rachel Smokes

I'm beginning to know how Rachel felt in that episode of Friends where her boss and coworker smoke, so she goes outside with them and pretends to smoke. Yes, I know Rachel and her peers are fake, however it seems everyone, and I mean everyone, in my department smokes.

Yeah, I smoke too, but I've gotten to the point where it's when I have a drink in my hand. Yeah, some of you might be saying "Ha! That's all the time with you!" I'm not Meredith - filling up my Taco Bell cup with gin and tonic. Anyway, back to the story - I always see these herds coming back upstairs and I feel like I'm missing out on getting to know my new coworkers because I don't smoke at work and either they never have happy hours or just don't invite me. I really hope it's the first one.

Just had to clean the air on that subject. Heh.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

At my previous place of employment, EVERYONE smoked. And I worked in a group where someone needed to be tied to the phones at all times so you can pretty much guess who that was. Me. The sole non-smoker. Everyone else was out puffing away. I tried to come up with breaks that I could take and still get paid for. Like, this is my Perez Hilton break. Or this is my Gmail break...

6.9.07  
Blogger John said...

at least it's not like my old job where the stairwells AND the elevators stunk. that drove me insane.

7.9.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home